Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fly Fishing 04.07.2011

Alright, so I was convinced to learn how to fly fish. I always thought it looked awesome from the movies (and hard), but I didn't realize how fun it is! I caught a Brook Trout~super small and Hank had to take it off my line for me! Alright so my right arm is going to get buff if we do it all the time-so I tried convincing Hank tonight that we need to split it up with hiking and biking, a lot of biking. We came to an agreement that we would live diverse recreational lives, meaning mucho biking :). Anyways, here is a photo of my first time, we went to the Broad River by Lake Lure. Hank took this photo of me that looks like I'm possessed and pissed off....not sure what happened there---but I was having fun, I swear! Hank also took a video, check this out.  (I'm going to attach a video from Hank's first time out with a fly rod at the Davidson River in Pisgah Forest, Brevard). Enjoy!

(see how small/narrow the creek is?)


      HE HAS COME A LONG WAY!


       My first time~I was really concentrating!!!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention, we are up to 3 fish now!! Hank caught a Brook Trout also!! WHOA WHO! Both of ours were too small to eat, we'd starve.

    ReplyDelete